Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

on 4/24/2015 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very fair, thin, short eyelashes and struggle to find a mascara that doesn't go clumpy on me. The thin wand on this product gets in close to the roots and makes the most of my sparse eyelashes. The wand needs to be cleaned before use to get rid off excess mascara. It's a shame the tube doesn't have way of doing this.

on 4/17/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, well... This has to be the best Clinique mascara ever.
I discovered a sample of this somewhere in my stash - probably from a long forgotten Bonus Time gift - and I thought, for a short Easter holiday, I should take it with me and try it, along with three other little samples of Clinique's mascaras (High impact curling, and Lash Power).
When I opened the tube I was a bit curious about the applicator - I've never seen a mascara with something like it, but let me tell you: The effect is unbelievable, so much so that I ended up using this mascara for my entire 2 week holiday and forgot about the other two... It even made me forget of my all-time favourite, the EL double wear mascara!
My lashes look really much longer with this, and has really good staying power (much like the EL one).
I think I will actually buy a full size one soon, as I seem to have finished the sample and my EL does not look that impressive any more!

on 7/11/2014 8:49:00 AM

One of the best mascaras I have used. If you move past the unconventional wand, which is strange to use the first few times, it's genius. It's literally like a comb that lifts and defines.
It also gave me unexpected volume. I actually found it hard to go back to a normal round brush after finishing the tube -- this felt so much more precise, especially for the inner and outer corner lashes.

on 6/18/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in gift set last Christmas with a bunch of other mascaras.

This is the mascara I liked the most!! he formula is a little too wet for my liking,it just seems forever to dry. But this gives me really nice length & volume for my lashes...my lashes never felt hard.

It was easy to remove too!

on 6/7/2014 6:52:00 PM

Just okay in my book. Nothing to write home about. The formula is decent and I don't hate the unconventional wand, but I don't think it does anything notable either.

on 4/14/2014 3:19:00 PM

I got this in a gift set with several different Clinique mascaras. Now, I'm seeing it getting good reviews, but I really don't care for it and since it was a gift can't speak about the price. It makes my lashes so clumpy. I guess I just have delicate lashes, but when I go to separate them I always end up pulling out some lashes.

on 2/23/2014 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this mascara when buying another product at the Clinique counter and was pleasantly surprised. I normally go for volumising mascara, as I have long lashes naturally, so I would never have picked this - plus I haven't always been impressed with Clinique makeup. When I first opened the mascara, I thought they'd given me one with a dud wand, but then I realised that's how it is meant to be! It's a curved plastic thing with no brushes, and actually quite fun to use. It also makes it very easy to get at those little baby inner lashes. The mascara really lengthened and defined my lashes, almost giving a false eyelash effect. Now, remember I said I have long lashes - makeup artists often comment on them - so this may not give such a dramatic effect on everyone, I don't know. But certainly don't shy away if you're used to volumising mascara - this gives a high-impact result. I've said I'd buy again - in truth there are so many mascaras to try I don't know if I would. But it's definitely in my top 5.

on 1/29/2014 11:27:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite mascara! (If you're looking for voluptuous lashes this is NOT the mascara for you) it separates lashes amazingly and doesn't clump at all! It's a bit pricy at $19 but it works amazing and totally worth the price! Clinique never disappoints.

on 12/14/2013 4:15:00 PM

Best mascara so far in my life....

I'm sensitive to a lot of things, and I've been troubled by mascaras before (irritated eyes, lashes falling off etc..), I have also had mascaras running out too quickly, or mascaras that were just difficult to apply nicely while in a haste...

"..........Then I found youuuuu ...."

Yes it's pricey... BUT.... it's easy to apply all the way down to the roots thanks to the small brush, I love how small the packaging is, and I also think the design is classy. It's not waterproof (thank god...hate those) but a little rain won't make it all run like a river..

It's funny... I never really tried to use it for it's lengthening effect, so I have nothing to say about that... sorry.
BUT,
one stroke = nice, quite natural covering.
Two strokes = Heavier, evening makeup!

And! And! My lashes don't get all messy and/or tangled up!

on 10/9/2013 1:20:00 AM

This is my favorite mascara of all time! I love the wand- it's the exact shape of my eye. One coat gives me double the length and volume, and two coats gives me super long lashes! I tried Benefit They're Real just before I bought this one, and this one kicks ass. I returned the other to Benefit and will wear this one every day!

Popular Mascaras