The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 5/14/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although the product feels soft when applied I also found it felt thick and stayed above my skin, if that makes sense. It did make for smooth application but did not keep my skin matte, which was the whole point. I also found aftee the first use, my skin broke out. Would not repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 9:04:00 PM

I've been using this primer ever since I started wearing makeup. its great, makes my skin feel nice and most importantly doesn't not break me out. I haven't tried any other primers though so it might not be as good as whatever's out there.

on 9/14/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My sister actually gave me this primer to try. The price isn't bad. Definately not a bad primer it works to some degree but definitely not the best either. Goes on smooth fills the lines. Doesn't off superior staying power like others I have tried. But for under $15 I'd say give it a try!

on 8/12/2014 5:50:00 AM

I really enjoyed this product! It felt really smooth in texture and it gave my skin that smooth feeling too.
It did keep the oil at bay, though I wouldn't say it's long lasting. I have a six hour day in an office and I did one touch up, so it's not really one for the busy bees.
The packaging is simple but that's okay with me, because of it being in a tube you're able to get every last drop out ;)
I personally would buy again!

on 8/8/2014 7:22:00 PM

Did not like this at all. Found it to be really greasy, did not absorb into my skin nicely, did not make my make up last at all, felt like it gathered around my nose and eyes. But the lady let me swap it for the 5-in-1 primer and I absolutely love that!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Relaxed, Medium

Broke me out, and my skin does not usually react like this to products. Made the skin feel nice after application but I did not notice any unbelievable long wear of my foundation over top. I prefer tubes to dispense my product as you can get as much or as little as you need. Not good for dry skin, but I suppose it is targeted towards oily skin.

on 6/26/2014 8:55:00 PM

I enjoyed using this primer. It makes my skin very very soft and smooth, the first time using it I was amazed at how soft it made my skin! It improved the appearance of my makeup, my makeup did last for longer. The only negative I have about this product is the packaging, because it's in a tube, I found it difficult to get the product out when it was near empty. I have already re purchased this product 3 times. I would recommend purchasing

on 5/9/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked this product. It reduced shine on my face and makeup looked brighter, I needed to use less. A lot of mattifying primers dry out my skin or make it feel rough but this one didnt because of its oily gel-like consistency. It comes in a much smaller tube than i expected which disappointed me at first, but it has lasted me 6+ months. I dont think I want to buy it again since I tend to try out many different products rather than go for the same thing, even if it works. I think this is a good primer. I'd be interested in using the body shop tea tree pore minimiser as a primer.

on 4/18/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
+ Texture is silky smooth, does have mattifying properties. I mostly use it as an eye primer and prime parts of my face which has pores. It did cover up my pores pretty well.
+ Since I use it as an eye primer, eyeshadow colours did last longer than usual when I don't put one.
+ Packaging comes in a tube, easy to control.
+ On days when I used the primer on my face, the makeup did last longer.

Cons:
- Pricey. Retails for around SGD $29+++

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this with a matte finish foundation and with Rimmel stay matte powder, it didn't work for me. It keeps your face matte for only like 2 hours. Won't buy this again.