NYX Single Eye Shadow - Ultimatum

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/25/2013 8:28:00 AM

I agree with cyens; there must be two batches of this eyeshadow. The one I have has no glitter. It has a smooth, creamy texture, with a satiny finish, so it has a slight sheen...no glitter whatsoever.
Anyway, this shadow is perfect to wear as a nice wash on the lid, with a mid tone shadow in the crease, your favorite liner...out the door. It brightens the eye area, giving a natural, fresh look. It is also a great blending shade, to blend out bright colors or a transition color for fairer skin tones. There is another NYX e/s shade that has been reviewed on MUA (Super Creamy), described by many reviewers as a "glitter bomb," whereas, the shadow I own has a fine shimmer, not glitter.(Believe me, I know the difference. I am an e/s hoarder and own tons. I know my finishes...and I know glitter) So, obviously there are two versions of these shadows. I'm glad I got the good one!!!

on 8/27/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow I have is awesome. It has a silky smooth texture that just glides across your skin. The color is a pale beige with a peach undertone. As a wash across your lids, it just opens your eyes and makes you look more awake. Its really a stable eyeshadow. Its a perfect neutral color for everyday wear, with a beautiful glow, which doesn't make it one of those boring neutrals. I also use it to blend with more vibrant colors, to tone them down.

Again, I think there is 2 batches of this eyeshadow, or its been reformulated. The eyeshadow I have is ES155A, made in PROC, Batch number: 12202009.
Mine has no glitters in it what so ever ( I hate glitter to start with ), the texture is super smooth ( the silkiest shadow I own from NYX ).

I'll admit at first I thought this shadow would be a totally miss because the consistency of it is very chunky. It is important to pack this color on with a flat shadow brush then blend it out. Once I was able to work with it better I fell in love with it. It's a very pretty light champagne/peachy color. I could do without the glitter in it but I don't find the glitter over powers the shadow like some Urban Decay shadows do.

on 5/24/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow is pretty in the case, but horrible in texture. Its almost like trying to apply a wet sand texture to ones eyelid. However, I found that I can use this as a pretty highlight color by spraying the brush with MAC fix +. It is GORGEOUS as a highlight color on my NW45 skin, but horrible by itself.

on 2/12/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Out of the 16 shadow singles I have from NYX, this is definitely the worst. Poor color payoff, horrible dry, stiff, flaky texture, and it's a complete glitter bomb. In color, it's quite similar to another one of NYX singles in Sahara, but Ultimatum leans slightly more beige, and is a bit warmer, peachier toned. Oh, and it has glitter, while Sahara doesn't. In quality, Sahara far surpasses this, as does every other NYX single that I own. I can't even distribute this onto my lids evenly with a brush or sponge-tip applicator, no matter how much I pack on. All that shows up is colorless shimmer.
And even if I pat it down instead of sweep, the glitter still falls all over my cheeks. It's a very flattering shade in the pan, and if the texture and pigmentation were improved, this could be my staple go-to lid color. To be honest, I have no clue how this shadow got even one good review on here. It's THAT bad. ***Proceeds to toss out.***

on 11/28/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This color looks very pretty and neutral in the pot, however I can't even get the shadow on to the brush. As said in previous reviews, its very flaky and I find that it is not pigmented. I am really disappointed because I love NYX and their other eyeshadows are beautiful! But I cannot even get this color to show up without out the sparkles falling out and making a mess!

on 11/28/2010 9:02:00 AM

Beautiful skin-like colour for pale to medium complexions, kind of a peachy-beige tone unlike the on-line swatch in NYX’s website which looks somewhat grey to me. After reading the good reviews here, I decided to overlook the fact that there were only a few, caved in and ordered Ultimatum on line. It was a mistake and let me tell you why: massive fall out and uneven texture. I wonder if I got a bad batch but hey, I cannot blame bad batches for every single bad product out there.
The colour in the pan is beautiful, but try to apply it with either a brush or a sponge tip applicator and all you will see is silver glitter chunks all over your face and distributed unevenly across your lid. Even if it was dirt cheap, that is no excuse for such a bad product; I own other NYX shadows and they are superb, just not this one. It is really not worth the effort, and it won’t certainly give you the polished look I hoped for when looking at the pot.

on 9/5/2010 5:27:00 AM

Oh my, I think this is my HG shadow in a light color and my favorite NYX shadow. I have ordered over 35+ NYX shadows site unseen and this is the best. It works perfect with my skin color and I love to use it as an all over color wash. It looks pretty matched up with just about any color gel liner to tight line my top lids, i.e., charcoal, navy, brown, purple or sage..

It's a frosty shadow, but not too much frost. I wish it were a tad bit more matte or sheer ~ then it would be just about perfect for me. It works beautifully as a highlight shade too. It's actually just about perfect. I've already ordered another one as a backup ~ I have a feeling I will be wearing this one a lot...

on 7/9/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Really gorgeous base shade to neutralize lids if you have dark circles. This makes eyeshadows pop. I am NC37 and this is very wearable even as a brightening lid wash. I don't find the shimmer that noticeable. I apply with a sponge tip applicator and don't get any fallout. A little goes a long way. I think this color would be very nice on NWs as well.

on 6/11/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very good quality. Almost too good, lol. It is very pigmented and soft so it's easy to over do it. But very nice.