L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

on 3/9/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it was on special for $8NZ. Thought I'd bagged myself a bargain but I was wrong! I understand the idea of what a small brush should do....in theory...but I just could not get it right. It was fiddly, annoying, and just didn't perform. The formula was really clumpy. I threw it down in frustration and finished off my lashes with my Revlon one. I'll keep it at work as a backup, but otherwise don't plan to use it again in my regular routine.

on 2/15/2015 12:12:00 AM

What a bug mistake. I was suckered into thinking "yah totally I'm going to put mascara on my corner lashes and this will make my job super easy!!" Noooooooo!!
This was by far one of the worst mascaras I've ever used... The brush was useles! And it smudged like crazy!
I regret buying this mascara and I wish I could get my money back!!

on 11/8/2014 5:47:00 AM

I found this on sale for $1, so I grabbed it. I was always intimidated by the tiny ball wand so I never wanted to try it, but for a dollar why not. It's less of a pain than I expected, having such a tiny wand I expected to be coating my lashes for a long time. But the wand isn't all that small and it coats a decent amount of lashes at once. For the price I got it it's great, but I would never buy this at a $7 price tag. It's a pretty good mascara. It doesn't flake or smudge. It does clump as all mascaras do. But not extremely bad. It's decent length and volume. I wouldn't buy this again though because it's just not worth the full price. But if you can find it on sale then it's a great buy

on 10/15/2014 6:39:00 AM

This is a really nice product... but who wants to spend a lot of time putting on mascara because of this itty beety brush? If you want the length, so with original telescopic.

on 7/26/2014 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This mascara is just okay.

This is the very first mascara I've tried when I was about 14. My girlfriend recommended it and since this was the very first mascara I've ever usedI thought it was great! It did make my eyelashes spider like but it didn't clump together like everyone else is saying. It made my lashes look longer but as I got older I realized that there were better products. The loreal telescopic and Almaty get up and grow are my fave!! I would buy this product again because it wasn't that bad!

on 1/25/2014 1:58:00 PM

Useful if you have small lashes, otherwise applications can be tedious because the brush is so small.

on 12/21/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was the first time I tossed away a mascara after only two weeks. I really wanted to like it but it wasn't very useful. First up, I thought the brush would have been fantastic for getting into the corners. It was. It just didn't make a difference in how my lashes looked in terms of length etc. It did make a difference in colour. This mascara looked gray on my lashes. After a week of use I stopped using it and less than two weeks I threw it out. In this case neither the brush or the formula worked for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Years ago, I saw a YouTube make up tutorial from AllThatGlitters21, where she used the Givenchy Phenome'eyes mascara (I apologize if I spelt that wrong). I wanted it, but, given that it's by Givenchy, I knew that I wouldn't be able to afford it. So you can imagine my surpise & happiness when I learned that L'Oreal was making a mascara just like the Givenchy one!
I ended up getting it from my parents for Christmas, and I was so excited! I couldn't wait to try it out and to wear it every day!
Oh. My. God. This product was horrific. The applicator itself was fine, but the formula was something else! It made my lashes clump unlike any mascara I've ever used before and since then. Some of my top lashes would actually stick to my bottom lashes, which was both disgusting & scary! I threw out this product within a month or so.
I haven't used the Givenchy mascara yet, so I cannot compare the mascaras side by side. I would like to try the Givenchy one eventually, though. It may not be my favourite, but I know it'll be so much better than the L'Oreal mascara!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

L'oreal, WHAT HAPPENED? dont you just hate when an actual good mascara that you like gets discontinued? wellp...i can tell you a bunch of reasons why this one got discontinued. Othet than the short and simple one would be that it just sucks. its not even worth the 2 dollars i paid for at big lots. if your looking for a great volume and lengthening mascara aka all it says it will do. this one ain't it hunny! its a waste of plastic and product. plus not to mention most women like to just put on mascara and just go. this thing will take forever to work with coz its got a tiny little ball as an applicator and therefore all of the product just globs on it. you have to take all the globs off and have the patience of a saint to work with it and then maybe you might get one of the results that it promises. bottom line. bad mascara in general. the only reason why giving it a one is justified is because it only works for the bottom lashes and tiny inner corners of your lashes after u clean like half of the tube that came out when you take it out. you def have to accompany it with another mascara though. but who has time for that? aint nobody got time for that! L'oreal, C'MON!

on 5/19/2013 6:26:00 AM

Having asian eyes, I thought this wand would be good for getting to the corners and catching my shortest lashes.

The wand is so tiny, and not much product catches on it, so I need to coat several times, which dries the product out and looks clumpy. The wand is also really flimsy. The best way to apply the product was clumping iton from the tip, then combing tit out with another mascara brush.

The formula is probably good, but would benefit from a better wand.

PROs
- L'oreal formua possibly good

CONs
Brush is useless

Popular Mascaras