Paris Hilton Fairy Dust

2.8

on 5/19/2015 6:43:00 AM

I'm a sucker for a bargain and when my local Priceline had this for $5 I couldn't resist. I knew it wasn't really the best perfume for me but at that price I figured why not. After reading all the negative reviews I was pleasantly suprised. On me this is a very bright, greenish, slightly sharp gardenia. I can see why people are comparing it to hairspray or bug spray at first. It does have a harsh screechy quality to it. Luckily this fades on me in 5 minutes and I am simply left with a very simple gardenia with lemony green overtones. It lasts a good 4-5 hours on my skin and if I want it to last all day, I simply layer it with Jovan Musk for women. This also tones down the sharpness.

The bottle is simple, quite elegant and a bit of fun with the fairy on it. Easy to hold, easy to spray, easy to store.

There's not much else to add. Yes, it is linear, yes it is sharp, yes it does have a slightly synthetic smell, particularly at the beginning, but I still think it's worth testing on the skin (smells crap on the paper strip).

So who would this be good for? I would suggest anyone who likes gardenia but often finds it too heavy. Also anyone who likes fragrances with sharp green top notes.

Edit: I forgot to add - my partner and both my cats love this on me. I've also been complimented on it by friends and strangers in the street. I'm going back to stock up while I can.

I got given this by a friend who hated it. I am a a loss to describe this as you get the gardenia quite strong for the first few minutes but then its just smells like its gone off or you have stuck you head in a sewage tank. I expected something light and floral especially with the name "Fairy Dust" which does not suit it at all!

Thankfully it fades on me quite quickly until I can hardly smell it. As someone else said it would make a good air freshener...or maybe not.

on 12/30/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in a trio set (with CanCan & Heiress) about 2yrs ago on clearance for $10. Fairy Dust is my least favorite....the gardenia,white floral,musk scent on me isn't bad its just not a scent I care for and my husband hates it lol

Only nice thing is that once it dries down after applying the scent its a light musky floral and the gardenia scent isn't as strong on me and it has good staying power.

on 12/3/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I recieved this as a sample. It doesnt smell bad but its not a scent i love and need to run out and buy. It reminds me of something my grandma or mom used to wear maybe one of those elizabeth taylor perfumes or something i dont know haha

Again another Paris Hilton fragrance which I love. Its very floral, quite a lot of lily and is quite over powering when you first spray it but in about 30 minutes it begins to dry down to a lovely airy scent that stays with you. Its one I wear to work and I always get people ask me what I am wearing. The bottle I usually purchase is about 10 for 100ml which is great and lasts so long. I would definitely purchase this again if I wanted a cheap perfume that smells great. Very feminine and summery!

on 2/28/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has a strong floral tone that is clearly lily-inspired. It's sweeter than her other fragrance, Tease, but is not overpowering and doesn't wear on you after time. Though, it initially goes on stronger than some perfumes it is quick to fade into a pleasant level. It's flirty and fun, though I could see it overpowering body chemistry as much as working with it. So it's mid-range in that department. I'd recommend trying this scent before buying it. I'd say that this is ideal for an age group that's younger and it's probably most appropriate for women between the ages of 17 --- 30, though you might be able to get away with it if you look like you're still in your 20s.

Pros: Affordable (about $20 for 3.4 oz), easily accessible, distinct and identifiable lily fragrance (if you like lilies)

Cons: A little strong at first, fades quickly, may or may not work/mask your body chemistry, really boring bottle, narrow age-range

on 3/3/2013 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I liked this but now that I read the reviews I'm not wearing it anymore. Appearantly everybody else thinks it stinks! lol

on 11/19/2012 9:05:00 PM

I did not like this scent at all...Smells really weird, I don't think Gardenia and Patchouli mix well...Of course the fragrances I can't stand I have a hard time washing off,and the ones I love vanish..If anybody remembers the way the hair removal Nair smelled in the 70's,this kinda smells like it!

on 11/8/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

GROSS OLD SMELL

on 11/7/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I hated the cloying gardenia top note so much that I had to rub my wrists raw under hot running water until I could no longer smell it. It has such a fake plasticy artificial quality to it, if compared to a bouquet it would be the fake one rotting away in storage while the real flowers are on display. Might just be my body chemistry but from my experience I truly recommend looking to another floral perfume instead. The sillage is crazy and it lasts forever, I mean for. ev. er. Doesn't evolve in the slightest besides a slow transition to a powdery flowery old lady smell. All in all, Paris Hilton failed us once again, but is that really that big a shocker?

Popular Fragrances