BeneFit Cosmetics Brow Bar - Brow waxing/shaping services

3.8

on 5/21/2015 1:52:00 AM

I went to Yvonne Barrie in Glasgow's braehead id over plucked for years and spent a long time growing them back in. Yvonne made me feel at ease I told her I wanted dark thick brow with an arch and that's what I got has changed the look of my face. This girl knows what she's doing love them

on 12/30/2014 12:43:00 PM

Benefit sells in China, meaning they're willing to abuse innocent animals for a profit.

on 12/30/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been having my brows done for a year now by Lynette at the House of Fraser in Glasgow. She's fabulous and I recommend her. However...I've been staying with family and as I wanted a little freshen up for New Year's Eve, I made an appointment with Shona at the John Lewis in Edinburgh. Bad mistake.

Shona clearly couldn't care less about how her customers actually look. She was distracted the entire time. I explained that I just wanted a tidy up and that I liked my brows to be thick, dark and a strong look. She said "Oh yes, we like a thick brow," so I thought she knew what I was talking about it. So, fast forward ten minutes and I look in the mirror to see she has given me the tiniest, thinnest looking brows ever. There is seriously one hair for much of the tail. They look totally stupid as you can see the line where they were compared to the new look. I feel like my old primary school Maths teacher who used to draw them on. Awful, awful, awful. What is it about some people in the beauty industry who either don't listen or feel they know better? I actually burst into tears when I got home, I've been so upset at my changed appearance. It's put me off Benefit altogether as the standard of their training and employees is so widely different.

I love benefit brow bar. I have always gone to waxing places inside of nail salons or malls. I was always satisfied with them until i went with a friend to a Benefit inside of Macy's in northern California. OMG. I love it and will never go anywhere else. I love how they draw in exactly where your brows should be and they work from that. They even have a whole set of different tools you can use. They will even teach you how to fill in your brows for a more dramatic look. LOVE benefit.

on 8/16/2014 3:30:00 AM

In Melbourne, Australia the Benefit girls do a fantastic job. Great value for money, nice and quick. Would definitely recommend to others.

on 8/15/2014 6:00:00 PM

I went to the Benefit Brow Bar at the Fashion Valley mall in San Diego a couple days ago, and it was kind of a disaster. I went to have my eyebrows tinted and waxed. The lady who did my eyebrows did a great job waxing them, but the tinting was honestly terrible. I asked her not to tint them any darker than my natural eyebrow color (they are naturally honey blonde) but she made them dark brown! My eyebrows were waaaay too dark for my pale skin and light blonde hair. It looked like I had caterpillars on my face. I highly suggest not getting your eyebrows tinted at benefit brow. They are fine for waxing/plucking, but that's about it.

on 7/11/2014 4:44:00 AM

I had my brows done at Sephora NAC in Singapore.

The 'brow expert' was not too friendly, but she knew what she was doing. She gave me the results I had pictured. They let you test out the wax temperature first, and there is no double-dipping of the wax, so it's sanitary! Excess strays are plucked by a very pretty looking tweezer, lol. Just tell them what you want and you should get it! For Singapore, it's not very pricey either, at $24. It's like.. 2/3 the price of the new It's Real! eyeliner, in comparison. Book your appointment beforehand (though I didn't.. I'm lucky she was free!) Overall it was amazing. I have my best brows ever now :)

PS: If you can, check out comments on the particular brow expert you are going to.. Different people are differently abled, and BeneFit isn't too choosy about who they hire, from what I understand. Either sneak to see someone's brows getting done, or ask around for the best browbar near you.

on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM

I went to get my brows done at the Benefit bar because I wanted them shaped perfectly for my wedding. The girl did a really good job and brought out my eyes/whole face. I bought the product she used to fill them in and practiced doing it myself. She was excellent. Denton Tx btw if anyone wants to know; at the Ulta store. I bought some other Benefit products because I liked their application and they stayed on for the long haul. I'm going to be a professional woman and need to look put together. These products do that for a decent price.

I went to the benefit brow bar at Chadstone today. I left feeling like POOP. The girl was nice enough but was very rough - very - with the waxing and left a whole chunk of my face BRIGHT red. Seriously it looked like I painted from my eye crease to 2 cm above my brow bright red. Thank GOD I have a fringe because I looked horrible. She left the wax on my face and I had to actually ask for something to remove it. It's still on and my hair keeps getting stuck to it. The brows look fine enough but for $40 it's a flipping rip off. Not a pleasant experience. I will not return. Do not go if you have sensitive skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you have a crazy concealer you can plaster on afterwards.

The Brow Bar in Myer Sydney City is overpriced for what you get and has questionable hygiene practices. For the price you would think they would use higher grade materials instead of calico and wax pots from the Stone Age.

Popular Brows Products