Tocca Brigitte EDP

3.0

on 3/19/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Brigitte starts as a bit of a disjointed fruity juice, but the 8-hour-later drydown is a persistent floral musk that rivals the quality of Narciso Rodriguez.

I won't purchase it, but I do enjoy the late dry-down and quality of ingredients. Tocca is an underrated brand and an impressive departure from regular mass market offerings.

Color me impressed, but this isn't the Tocca that will get my money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

What a fun scent! Brigitte is one of those rare scents that is a perfect floriental (equal parts floral and spice) with a touch of fruit. This is a very effervescent yet sexy scent. Think a good glass of champagne on a summer night. But this scent I could see working for a variety of occasions, ages, and tastes because it is such a varied blend of scent. Happy and sophisticated. On me the dominate notes are the ginger and papaya, especially papaya with a hint of the Moroccan rose, which is a totally mellow, pretty take on a rose scent that is more like the real flower and less sharp as some other rose fragrances can be. So if you're usually turned off by most other rose scents but still like them in theory, give this one a shot, not only for the sake of the mellower rose note but also for the way the other scents surround and compliment it. This is a happy and elegant scent.

on 1/14/2012 9:23:00 PM

I like Brigitte a lot but it's not my favorite and I have not purchased a full bottle as of yet. It smells like the notes suggest - it really does. The result is a sexy, unique floriental. It's definitely a sweet perfume, but not overwhelmingly so.

Regarding the cat pee comments, I received a fresh sample as part of a set from Sephora and it was lovely with no cat pee drydown. I'm willing to bet that this perfume spoils more quickly than others and that's what people are smelling - a spoiled perfume.

on 8/22/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was not my Tocca fave (and I am generally a Tocca fan) - too spicey and old-ladyish for me.

on 10/11/2010 7:27:00 PM

I got Tocca 'Brigitte' as a sample from Sephora (along with 2 other perfume samples that I hated). I immediately fell in loooove with this scent - and apparently others around me did too!
My experience: One night I opted to wear Tocca Brigitte instead of my staple Gucci Eau de Parfum II. I got a ton of compliments, surprisingly. One of my guy friends couldn't get over it. When I saw him the next evening, wearing the Gucci and not Tocca, he leaned into smell me again and said I still smelled amazing but it wasn't "on par" to whatever I'd worn the previous night.
IMHO: It's very refreshing, very sexy, and a fantastic, well-balanced mix of musk, floral, and freshness.Though it's semi-light (not over-powering), it seems to last really well - through smokey clubs and into the next morning! - without the true scent changing, at least by what I noticed... Through experimentation, I happily discovered that a few tiny dabs of it compliments a lot of other perfumes beautifully! I am very finicky about scents - I can't stand ones that are over-powered by a single note and scream "she's wearing perfume!!!". I love this one because of it's balance and sensual yet fresh scent.
I reallyyy want to buy the full-size bottle (once I can blow $70+ on it. *groan*). However, in my experience, perfume samples have a tendency to smell a lot better/truer to scent than the general sale sizes (temp. changes, lighting, exposure, etc. inside a store/mall can wreak havoc sometimes!). Therefore, I'll first be going to Sephora and spray the sampler on before I actually buy it - just to make certain it's the 5 lippies I think it is!

on 7/15/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Could not put a finger on what exactly the scent was (THANK YOU Sephora Fragrance Finder). This fragrance initially turned me off because it starts out very powdery. The rose and musk is all I can smell at first. Later, more of the subtle sweetness of the fragrance comes out and I can better detect a fruity-sandalwood scent. Lots of currants and spice. I find spicy orientals work best for me, but this is a fruity floral that I can't get enough of.

EDIT 7.17.12 I adore this fragrance. It really grew on me. I am a fan of sugary gourmand scents (Prada Candy, Flowerbomb, etc.) but Brigitte brings something more complex to the table than my usual foody scents. This perfume is so unique and classy. The saffron really warms the scent and makes it alluring.

on 12/2/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Edited 12/07/09: If I sniff the remnants of product that collect on the atomizer, it smells exactly like a slice of panettone, lol.

After enjoying my sample and mulling whether to buy a bottle, I came here to see what you lovelies thought of this juice. After reading Browneyedelise's review, I became curious and did a search on Ms. Bardot herself as I knew nothing about her. I was stupefied to find out about her racist and homophobic remarks, and wonder why on Earth the people at Tocca would want to associate themselves with her. Doesn't sound like great publicity to me, but I digress. The fragrance itself is a light, sweet floriental, and it strikes me as exotic, youthful and quirky, but misterious, pretty and sophisticated at the same time. In my imagination, it embodies an intriguing woman who would not be considered "beautiful" at first glance, but that would turn out to be one of most elegant, stunning and intriguing persons you've ever met once you got to know her better. The most prominent notes on my skin are a light impression of ginger, rhubarb, sandalwood and some vanilla-ish sugary note I can't put my finger on swirling around powdery rose petals. It brings to mind a cool, clear, minty shade of green. Very pretty and full bottle worthy if you can get past the unfortunate name choice.

I didn't know that it was possible to bottle racism so prettily, but here we have the scent of rabid anti-Islamic hatred all done up with a bow! Joking aside, this is a nice, fruity floral. Kind of plain. A little sharp on the drydown, I can smell rose and fruits mostly. As you could infer, not so big on their choice of muse. I prefer Cleopatra, as I am, as always, a white flower lover.

on 10/30/2009 6:17:00 AM

This is a very deceiving fragrance. At first spritz, it smelled beautiful. Intoxicating spicy notes that made me think, "Oh wow, I need to tell my husband about this one. This could be my new signature scent." Then, it turned sickly sweet. The middle notes definitely clashed with the top notes. I had to wash it off and I'm glad I did before experiencing the cat urine dry-down that everyone speaks off.

I would give this fragrance only 1 lippie, but it actually smelled great...at first which is why I gave it 2

on 10/13/2009 1:45:00 AM

I went with a friend on a search for a new different fragrance. I decided to use her as my nose for the day and after trying a few different fragrances she pronounced this one her overwhelming favorite. Initially I liked it and thought it was a bit different and fit the bill as a new scent, but then the perfume "turned" and I didn't think it was young and or sexy and it just smelled average--at best--on me. It has a beautiful bottle and definitely lasts all day, but not for me

Popular Fragrances