Bourjois So Rouge - Dress Code

4.8

I am sort of a pigmented-lipstick girl.In other words at times i'll have to sacrifice moisturizing texture for radiant color intensity. Dress code is a rather fine compromise between the two whilst I did prefer it to be a little more bold at first since the nectar tends to make the coat a little uneven and I will have to apply several times to reach my desired saturation; after which applying tints in the lip center in order to flatten out the layers. Cumbersome as it is, my point is, however, it's really worth the work. You get perfect red lips AND the moisture!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yet another red I absolutely adore. I got this at Ulta last fall for around $9 IIRC. Dress Code looks very dark in the tube but when applied it's a rich, autumnal, slightly warm red. It's very sophisticated. I use it when I need a red that's not bright & bold or too orange-red. It's a very grown up red. No clown mouth and it's not so browned down it looks muddy or not red at all. I forgot how much I loved it. The finish is a creamy satin and the staying power is pretty good. Bonus for smelling like rosewater! Definitely repurchase.

on 2/20/2009 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is a really good 'true' red - I've tried loads that looked red in the tube, but were too pink or orange when you used them. I usually put a smidge of a long lasting lipstick on, let it dry, then a smooth swipe of the Bourjois - it seems to last for longer when I do this.

on 10/4/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The So Rouge range is basically three red shades added to the Docteur Glamour range - formulation & packaging are exactly the same. I am reviewing Dress Code which the most "neutral/warm" of the shades, the other two being cooler and more pink. Not exactly cheap at GBP 7,50 since this is a drugstore item, but the mosturising formula and the satin finish are nice.

Popular Lipsticks