Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Non-abrasive facial scrub

2.9

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Propylene Glycol, Talc, Algae Extract, Zinc Oxide,PVP,Kaolin, Almond Oil,Honey,Corn Meal,Boric Acid,Methylparaben 5/20/09

on 1/18/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this product for years. It's probably one of the only skincare products I've repurchased several times. My skin is very dry and sensitive, and this is the best exfoliant I've come across. I only use it once a week because I think any more than that and my skin would start reacting. I've found that the best way to use it is to apply it in the shower, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then wash it off and put more on, then scrub it off. There must be something in it that breaks down the dead skin, because I find that when I leave it on (as opposed to immediately scrubbing and washing off), all this dead skin starts sloughing off. The one weird thing about it is that it does leave a white film on my face, but that comes off when I towel dry. Also, I use this weekly and it takes about a year for me to get through (but keep in mind that's 2 applications at once). So, it's a pretty good value. It can dry up and get cakey if you don't use it, but just run a little water in there and it's good as new.

The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is that in the winter months (when my skin is most sensitive) it does create a little irritation. I would be open to an even more gentle exfoliant if it actually got rid of dead skin and build-up.

Why even include the almonds of there aren't enough to be abrasive? I guess the oils are beneficial. Only good for regular/combo skin. Good overall and smells like heaven, nothing super special.

on 2/15/2014 9:22:00 PM

Seriously run from this jar! Big chunks of almond in a thick paste. Not pleasant.

on 7/25/2012 1:35:00 PM

I'm not a fan. It is this weird cream which does nothing in terms of "scrubbing" (and I am to assume they mean to use this as an exfoliator?) but yet has these weird large intermittent pieces. It sort of feels like rubbing moisturizer with tiny shards in it on your face. Its bad and I really wish I had not lost my ulta receipt or this would be going back. I guess from the reviews some people love this, but I just don't see it. I gave it 2 lippies only because it does smell nice, it doesn't hurt to use it or anything and some people do seem to love it...just know that if you are looking for a hard core exfoliant this is NOT it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been getting into using foundation daily, but my skin completely disagreed with it and I noticed that I was going to breakout if I didn't stop. In order to combat the oncoming breakout, I decided to exfoliate and use a face mask everyday for the next week. I found this buried in my cabinet.

Before applying this, I used Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser as an exfoliant. I used the almond and honey facial scrub as more of a face mask, since it's "non-abrasive". I massaged it all over my face and left it there for 10 minutes before washing it off. Afterwards, I used Freeman Feeling Beautiful Peel-Off Cucumber Mask.

It worked like charm. I love the smell, but if you don't enjoy the smell of almonds and honey (note the name of the scrub), you definitely should NOT buy this. The smell is very strong and I had to fight my temptations to lick it right off of my fingers. This left my skin feeling softer than it would if I had just used the Aveeno & Freeman alone. It also removed the signs of oncoming breakout, so I think I'm in the clear.

This product is just as it advertises: it smells like almond and honey and is non-abrasive. Therefore, if you want a real scrub, this isn't the product for you. Think of it as more of an incredible face mask that you spilled your chopped almonds in.

on 5/24/2012 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have rosacea and I adore MB products. They have made my skin so smooth and evened out my skintone so much that I don't even have to wear foundation or concealer.

However, this is a disaster for my skin. The almond chunks rolling over my face were a nightmare and the rest of the product wasn't much better. I was left with red, blotchy skin with bumps. It was horrible.

I managed to get my skin back to normal with Calma Mask but I will never use this product again.

on 3/14/2012 9:45:00 AM

I received a sample of this with an order from Mario Badescu. It wasn't anything special. It didn't feel like it did anything to my skin scrub wise. It kind of felt like I was just rubbing lotion over my skin. I'm glad I didn't purchase it because I would've felt like it was a waste. It did smell good though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this in my samples and I love it! Its texture makes it great for my sensitive T-zone skin and it smells awesome too! I cannot wait to buy the full sized item because this really helps your skin and does not irritate or dry.

on 1/2/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a good atypical scrub for people with sensitive, dry or combination skin. Normally, I would purchase a more abrasive scrub as I have oily acne-prone skin. However, I had a TCA peel about 3 weeks ago and my skin is still quite dry and sensitive. I needed something to remove flaky, dull skin without adding redness and irritation. This scrub fits the bill. It is milky with almond bits and cornmeal. I love the smell and it's strangely fun to use. My skin was softer the next day. The fine lines I have from dry skin on my forehead have lessened. My only complaint is that jar is messy!

on 11/30/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I personally wouldn't call this a scrub because they say it's non abrasive, so you're not really scrubing your face. It just feels like your rubbing a milky paste into your skin. The almond pieces IMO do absolutely nothing and are a little too big/hard. The packaging leads to water leaking in and it usually dilutes the product.

Popular Scrubs