Stridex Stridex Sensitive With Aloe

3.2

Active Ingredient:Salicylic acid 0.5% (w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis gel, ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA, witch hazel extract. 6/30/09

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use these when I first started breaking out, and I remembered that they worked really well so I bought them again recently- don't know why I stopped getting them. I use one at night after cleansing- I wouldn't recommend using these to wash your face because I don't feel like that would really work. It feels really sticky on my skin, which is why I only apply it at night, but they are so effective that they still get 5 lippies. My stubborn, moderate acne is almost completely clear after only a few weeks of use, and my pores seems a lot smaller, too. I like that it is only half a percent of salicylic acid, for my sensitive skin, but it still works really well- my skin even looks brighter. It does sting a little when you first apply it, but not in an irritating way- after it sinks in my skin actually feels soothed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this for my son's acne. He had been using PC BHA 4% foam with great success but it is a once per week product. He needed something to use during the week also. He used them last night for the first night and had a horrible reaction!!! He looks like he has been sunburned badly. It is red, irritated, and hot to the touch.

It says these are alcohol-free and like I said he has tolerated much higher concetrations of BHA. Looking back, should have done a patch test.

on 1/28/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried these a while ago when I was on a mission to clear up my disastrous skin and I can honestly say this is a horrible product for sensitive skin. I tried the various type of Stridex pads and they all left my skin looking burnt, red, peeling or dried and fried. My skin looked even worse and I'd have to over-compensate with moisturiser. In addition to all that it just broke me out even more.

After years of searching I finally found my HG BHA, which is PC's 2% Clear and thankfully it has left my skin clear, soft, even and perfect. I never break out anymore and it is a staple in my routine I would never be without. If Stridex doesn't work for you I highly recommend trying other BHA products, because this one was a nightmare for my skin.

on 1/25/2014 12:15:00 PM

I started using these again the other day on my forehead to make sure my skin wouldn't break out and now I have little breakouts on it. This was the only thing I put on my forehead. I've used these in the past and got the same reaction. I think there something in it that keeps clogging my pores. The SA isn't enough to do much for acne. It's better to use these after a workout to dry off sweat from your face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, I have oily, red skin, lots of acne scars, recovering from a random blowout of hormonal cystic acne.

These smell like some rank tequila. So disgusting lol If you are sensitive to smells, stay away! I can tolerate it though because these things have brought down the redness in my face dramatically! Also, my skin was very oily and these things somehow made my face not as oily. I'm convinced that I was being way to harsh on my skin and these are helping restore it very quickly.

If you can get over the smell, have very red, irritated skin, this is a must try!

on 3/29/2013 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Absolutely LOVE this product!! Heard a lot of people recommending Stridex to people on the board, so I decided to give it a try. I have mild acne, uneven skintone, and some little skin colored bumps. Immediately after using Stridex I noticed how clean and soft my skin felt. Acne started going away, and now I'll only have 1-3 pimples a day sometimes none! The pads also remove ALL my makeup and leaves none behind. I don't try my eye makeup though, you shouldn't use this near your eyes it'll burn. I use the pad all over my face, then let dry and apply a moisturizer and then my C&C benzoyl
peroxide. Really recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin!
Update: I only use this about once or twice a week. Didnt make a big difference in my skin after using daily. Couple times i wiped my eye makeup off with this and it was a big mistake! It made my eyelids burn and feel rubbed raw.

i cant believe this product doesnt have better reviews! i love these stridex pads- they really help my skin alot! i have acne prone, very sensitive skin. when i dont use these faithfully 1x/day i notice that i start to get lots of tiny clogged pores, especially little bumps on my forehead. when ive been slacking, i just use a stridex pad and the bumps have vanished the next day! my skin is super sensitive, but these pads have the perfect amount of drying/exfoliating power.

on 8/11/2012 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Stridex Sensitive with Aloe is an overall good product for clearing up light acne but would not recommend it to anyone with extremely problematic skin that is sensitive to fragrances. Although it is labeled 'sensitive' it made my skin extremely red and itchy when first applying. After it dried it gave my skin an oily look and felt like i was wearing a mask. I had to wash it off in fear that I would break out. This is a good pick me up wipe for after the gym but would not incorporate it into my everyday skin routine.

on 6/23/2012 2:22:00 PM

One thing you must know about this product: It is VERY drying. Always use it with moisturizer. (after letting it dry, of course)

It helps tremendously. One gripe of mine, however, is that the pads stick together a lot which is just a tad inconvenient.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really love this product. i am 27 years old and still have an occasional mild breakout around my cycle. i hate harsh acne products as they dry my face out too much. this product was exactly what i've been looking for. its alcohol free so it doesn't strip your face of its natural oil and has just enough salicylic acid in it to help prevent breakouts but is mild enough that it doesn't irritate my face or dry it out. if you have acne, i don't know how well this would work. however, it keeps my face break out free during my cycle and helps clear up any zits when i do get them. i don't notice any tingling...just the usual cold wet feeling you get after putting an astrigent on.

Popular Treatments (Face)