Nadinola Fade Cream

Active Ingredients Hydroquinone - 3%Skin Lightener , Octisalate - 3%Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients Water , Mineral Oil , Stearyl Alcohol , Decyl Oleate , Glyceryl Stearate , Oleth-20 , Laureth-23 , Propylene Glycol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Citric Acid , Sodium Metabisulfite , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance (02/16/12)

on 5/24/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this on and off for a few years now.
I'd wander off to other brands. Mostly Filipino brands and those REALLY work. But the brand I was using (Dermaline) was $10 for soap and like $25 for a 25 gram cream. Was too expensive.
I haven't used lightening or "fade" cream for over a year now.
I've been noticing my neck is darker than my face and chest then my stomach and behind are dark and my... More intimate areas are even darker like my inner thighs, under my butt etc.
My legs are really light an I usually use some type of self tanner. I want everything to match my arms, chest and face.

I'm currently mixing it with a retinol serum since I've heard it could help it work sooner.
I mix a little of the extra strength nadinola cream with retinol serum and cetaphil moisturizing cream to dilute it. I put the same mixture on my stomach and behind.
Then I put the nadinola and retinol on the darker areas like my elbows, inner thighs, lower behinds etc without the cetaphil to dilute it.

I've been using it for about a week.
I don't have to really use it on my neck anymore. I put on makeup and I don't have to bring it down to my neck!
As for my belly and behind I don't see too much of a difference.. Maybe half a shade.
As for my even darker areas like elbows, inner thighs etc I don't see a difference,
Although I've read it could take longer since there's so much melanin there plus the skin on elbows is thicker.

It's spring but I'm usually inside so I don't have to worry about being in the sun and getting even more tan.
This stuff makes your skin more sensitive to light and I used it before and would get tan and I basically didn't see much results due to me having to walk to an from school everyday.
I wore sunscreen but it didn't help.

The texture if this cream is kind of thick.
I'm naturally quite oily skinned so I'm used to feeling... Oily. I don't have an issue with it honestly. Most days I put too much and it feels greasy, other days my skin just feels moisturized. I love how it makes my skin look glowy.

The scent is quite standard for a cream containing hydroquinone.
A very distinct chemical smell but it's tolerable.

I'll update it in a couple of months regarding my darker areas. I'll probably go through two jars.
But this stuff is only $5 and like 6 cents at Walmart in the ethnic section so it's a great price for a decent sized jar

on 5/7/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is the first skin lightening product I've ever bought. I've been using this for about a week now and I noticed the blemishes on my cheeks definitely lighter. I have a brown spot on my forehead which I haven't seen get any lighter. Im sure it will fade since it faded my blemish marks. It was really frustrating because I tried all the products you can name for blemishes. The biore ice cleanser, aloe wash to clear blemishes, etc. I feel like I was wasting a lot of money until I came upon this product. I use a skin lightening bar soap twice a day and follow up with nadolina also twice a day. I put it all over my face like a moisturizer and then I apply more on the dark spot on my forehead. (I cover up the whole spot and let it sink in for faster results) I will definatly continue to use this and would recommend it to my friends and family. In fact I bought my mom this who had melasma ever since my sister was born, who is 18 now! And even she noticed a change in her dark spots. They're getting really lighter and people are complimenting her! That's what encourged me to buy nadolina. If it could fade dark spots over 18 years old, imagine what wonders it will do for your skin!! I bought this from Walgreens for around $6. I tried Walmart but could never find it. Seriously give this a try, you won't regret it. Just remember two things -- it can make ur skin red, but keep using it, your skin is getting used to it. And second be patience. If used 2x a day everyday you'll see results within a month.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! Because I am into outdoor sports, in the summer I get brown spots on my face . I use Nadinola on a daily basis as part of my facial regime. I receive compliments every day -LITERALLY-on my (excellent) complexion. I am 58 and still get asked for ID when I purchase wine. Most , however, guess my age is somewhere around 40. Definately try this product!!!

on 8/25/2014 9:49:00 PM

I've been using this nightly (5-6 times a week) for a full month and I can honestly say that my age spots across the tops of my cheeks have faded by 60%. Do I still wear concealer? Yes. And I probably always will. I've had these spots since I was 18, so I'm being realistic. But I can now wear less concealer and see more even toned skin. The spots are now a very light beige color whereas before they were the color of a mole (brown).

I've tried Alpha Hydrox dark spot corrector and Paulas Choice dark spot corrector and neither did anything for me. For me, I needed the 3% hydroquinone. I also use Olay's AHA serum nightly and SPF 50 on my spots to prevent them from darkening. You have to!

I apply this cream with a q-tip ONLY to the spot.

on 7/30/2014 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product on and off for a few years. I have quite a few dark spots on my face from breaking out and sun damage (I am 45). I went out in the sun a lot this summer without sunscreen. I hate wearing sunscreen!!!! Most make me break out or just feel awful on my skin. I try to use only natural (ish) products whenever possible, but sometimes you have to just use what works. I held off using this again bc hydroquinine is not good for you, etc. but my skin looked soooo bad that makeup only made it look worse. Blotchy and dark spots all over. Very depressing. I started using this a few days ago ONLY ON MY SPOTS. This is the key for me. If I use all over I feel that it is lightening everything all together and the spots always stay a little darker. After only a few days of dabbing it on dark areas, my skin looks so much better. The dark areas r blending into the lighter areas just fine and are not as noticeable already. If I use this too long then I have noticed that the spots can re darken? Sounds strange but I heard that hydroquinine can do that. So basically, I use it until everything has lightened enough and then stop for a while-a few months probably? Then I will use it sporadically on any areas that need it. Mostly at the end of the summer.

on 7/29/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This cream is too oily it broke me out so I never got a chance to see if it worked or not.

on 6/23/2014 12:36:00 AM

I'm a chemical peel nut and got lazy with my sunscreen so I ended up with melasma on my cheeks (yay me!) LoL Anyway, I purchased this at Walmart for around $4.95 and started using it along with a 10% glycolic acid cream. I put the Nadinola on and let it sink in for about 5 min. and then rub in the glycolic over the top of it. I must say that over the past 2 weeks my skin has lightened and brightened significantly! I have normally pale skin with a spattering of freckles across my nose and even those are almost gone.
I only use it at night as it seems a bit greasy? to put under my makeup. No breakouts have occurred (I believe this is due to the AHA used along with it)
Overall, I'm very satisfied and will always keep Nadinola and AHA in my medicine cabinet.
As someone else said, it has a smell....get over it ;-) It's not like the smell will kill you or anything ignorant like that.
Wash your hands before you stick them in the jar and you should not get MRSA (I crack me up) or simply use a q-tip to get it out. Taking lippies off for smell and/or packaging cracks me up. It is what it is and it damn well works! That's what counts, right? Enjoy!

I really like how this cream comes in a glass jar. So much better than plastic, which is filled with chemicals. That is a plus side to this cream. Nadinola has been around since the 1930's. I have used this cream before in the past, cause I had acne scars and dark marks that I wanted to lighten and get rid of. I used it religiously everyday, I think it was 3X/day. It took three months to see results but my face was so clear and my skin tone was even!

I am back using it again years later cause I have acne scars again, and dark marks from glycolic peels, and TCA. I have noticed within three days my dark marks are starting to get lighter. My face is looking better. Not too bad. The price will vary from where you purchase. I once got it for $4.00 years ago, but I can only get in now for $10.00 and up from a local beauty store.

You don't want to use this after three months because of the hydroquinone. A little does go a long way. It is moisturizing, but only light applictaion is needed. This cream does work but you have to give it a chance. It worked the first time for me, and I can see it working now. It's a good cream that is price effective.

on 2/22/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Sometimes out of desperation and vanity, we look for products that will "work." For me, this product did NOT work. It actually made my hyper-pigmentation a lot brighter than it was initially. It also triggered a break out. I have stopped using this since and I do not recommend this product for any one trying to fade scars/discolouration.

on 1/26/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Nadinola fade cream since mid-November 2013. I'm only using it on my neck area because it is very discoloured due to too much sun exposure. I use the face cream twice a day, occasionally I forget. I have noticed gradual lightening, perhaps one shade lighter than before. I will continue to purchase Nadinola fade cream after I run out. I believe reading somewhere you are to take a break from the cream after three months. Hydroquinoe really does work, I used to be scared to try it out because of the side effects, well those side effects happen if you use hydroquinoe on large parts of skin over a very long time. I will update my review after a few more months.

Edit January 29, 2014:
Actually my necks looks more lighter than just one shade like I originally stated. I would say two to three shades lighter. I will continue to update.

Edit April 22, 2014:
I recently finished another Nadinola cream, this time, the extra strength version. I only used one cream, so I cannot say it worked too well. I am receiving an order of Paula's Choice Resist Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA this week. This lotion has 2% hydroquinoe and 7% AHA. I think AHAs may be helpful for skin fading because they are chemical exfoliants. I will update after I finish the PC lotion. I'll try and compare it with Nadinola :)

Edit December 16, 2014:
I did not use Paula's Choice Resist Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA long enough to see a noticeable difference. In August, I began using Ambi fade cream; I got two tubes of it. After three months of using it twice daily, I began using it at night to slowly wear off it. I use Olay's moisturizing cream (sensitive skin) in the morning because it has niacinamide. My tan has faded somewhat. I have introduced lactic acids peels too.

Popular Face Skincare Products