Burt's Bees Hand sanitizer

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active: Ethyl Alcohol 62% Other: Water, witch hazel bark extract, glycerin, natural fragrance, aloe barbadensis leaf extract.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

If you like this - you'll have to look for an alternative. It appears that this product is now discontinued and price gouging is occurring at the few online retailers that have it (Well, actually only 1 has it - begins with a "A" ends with "N") - others are offering you alternatives when you select their link. It was also good for deodorizing hands without drying them out and the fragrance was very slight, not overwhelming or lingering. I have added the ingredient list to the product description. Any suggestions for a similar ethyl alcohol and witch hazel based sanitizer with a MRSP of $5.00 USD for 2.0 fl oz?

on 2/19/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A coworker introduced me to this and I'm hooked! It does not dry out my hands and smells pleasant, yet dissipates within a minute.

What's not to love - Cruelty free, 100% natural ingredients, easy to find in any drugstore, low price point.

Only wish it came in a larger size which I can refill the purse size ones.

on 12/31/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love everything about this but the smell. It's a rather competent sanitizer. I adore the spray bottle which I think is very cute. I've read some horrendous things about sanitizers and their potential harmful effects on the immune system. So I'm quite content using one that's natural. I just find the scent to be too strong and herbal for my tastes. Otherwise, I'd have rated it a perfect five lippies. Nevertheless, I don't go anywhere without it.

on 10/28/2010 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

My HG hand sanitizer. Pleasant light citrus scent and dries quick. No messy gel or alcohol smell. Only $4.99 for 2 oz at CVS. Long lasting and non-drying.
Ingredients: Active Ingredient: ethyl alcohol 62%
Other Ingredients: water, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, glycerin, fragrance, aloe barbadensis leaf extract

on 2/2/2010 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love this hand sanitizer, it's my favorite. I'm a germaphobe so I always have this on me. It isn't sticky at all, no alcohol smell but instead a really nice smell. I love the spray bottle because you can easily control how much you want on your hands. The only negative is that the cap always comes off in my bag and I fear that it will spill all over the place.

on 12/9/2009 11:04:00 PM

My favorite hand sanitizer!
I've been buying and using this spray for years-- and always recommend it to others.
I have a bottle in my purse, in my car and on my desk.
Why is it so wonderful?
1. It sprays-- excellent, sanitary and convenient.
2. I think it smells fine-- 100 times better than Purel or any of the sanitizers that smell like pure rubbing alchohol.
3. The formula is gentle and non-drying-- it has aloe, witch hazel and vitamins B, C and E.
4. It's 100% natural.
5. Burt's Bees doesn't test on animals.
6. It's sold in most stores-- even the grocery store.
7. It lasts a LONG time!

I LOVE IT!!

on 10/22/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i love that this sprays- i never get too much accidentally like the squeeze bottles. its not drying, and you get a good amount, i just can't stand the smell. it just smells kinda old and it lingers. i don't think i'll purchase again, i just took off a lippie for the smell

on 9/23/2009 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ok, so the negatives first (they are mostly small nit-picky things)

- my bottle leaks a little in my car if it is laying on it's side for an extended period of time (not a lot though, just a tad)
- I REALLY wish that they sold a refill bigger bottle to fill this smaller one up with.

(see the negatives were little)
I really like this product, bordering on love. Yes, the smell is strong, but I personally like it because it smells kind of like plants. I don't really know, but I would smell it before you buy it and see if that is a problem for you. The smell seems to fade in a bit too. My hands feel softer with this sanitizer (most likely due to the aloe)

What I really like about this is that it does not strip your hands moisture like many hand sanitizers does. My mom is allergic to fragrance, so I always keep this around for her to use when she is with me. The other sanitizers makes her hands crack.

I also like the fact that it is a spray bottle, I have more control over how much product comes out, not like those squeeze containers where I sometimes get waaaay too much product on my hands.

And even better this is natural and not treated on animals, yay!

on 7/28/2008 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in my office. If you like the smell - you may like this product. The smell isn't offensive, a citrusy green thing, but it is strong. Which means that if you are wearing perfume, this will alter it. I personally find the spray technique a bit messy as well. It doesn't dry out the hands and it doesn't contain the dreaded triclosan. Definitely worth a shot.

on 4/10/2008 1:52:00 PM

Good product. I love the fact that it's portable and a spray and you can conveniently spray it on your hands and it dries instantly, plus it's 100% natural. It's an uplifting fragrance, but it's a bit too much citrus and the scent lingers which isn't good if you're wearing perfume and the bottle leaks which can be bad. They should create a better bottle version of this and that is why I'm giving this 3 lippies because your whole bag will smell like this stuff.

Popular Other Products