MakeupAlley Android appFREE DOWNLOAD
Get MakeupAlley App >

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 3/21/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was not expecting much from this powder but itís really good. I feels light on the skin yet it has very good coverage, almost like the Mac studio fix powder minus the break outs. This does not make me break out at all. It covers my acne scars very well and evens out my skin tone quite nicely. I was matched wrong (beige 1) which is too dark but I like to use it in the summer when Iím tan. I wouldnít repurchase because they donít have a shade that matches my skin tone well I wish they had a bigger selection of colors, they donít appear to have any for yellow under tones.

on 12/23/2014 10:05:00 PM

I am not a MK rep, and never have been.

NC25 skin, I wear Ivory 2 in this powder.

I've tried neutrogena, physician's formula, bare minerals and other loose powders, and the powders are either too chalky, cakey or pink based for my skin. This powder matches my skin tone and feels like air.

I get cystic acne from time to time (ahem, hormones...) and this makeup does not make it worse. It has not caused a breakout.

It's expensive, but you get a lot of product, and it lasts a long time. Buy a good powder brush (I like sephora synethic multitasker #45) that will apply it evenly.

Really, my only complaint is the price.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, but it's not my favorite powder foundation. I don't have perfect skin & do prefer a fuller coverage for my blemishes. I do get a little, but it does start caking & looking ashy if I try to build it up. I don't recommend this particular makeup if you have scarring, redness, discoloration, or ace. I mostly wear it when I'm rushing & don't have time to mess around with a liquid foundation or days I really want a natural look. If you're a diva in everyday life, you won't like this. Despite having oily skin & needing a powder foundation for absorbing the extra oil on my face, I donít particularly like this foundation because it finishes powdery & not matte. The powder disappeared into my face after only a few hoursóitís worst during the summer months. I have Beige 1 & I see a little shimmer or glitter, which I love because Iím a glitter junkie. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin & I didnít break out or have any sort of reaction. In my opinion, there are 3 cons: the fallout, the packaging, & the cost.

If you're putting on a full face, put this on first. The excess amount of product that falls off my face area is horrible; Iím a moron & made the mistake of applying this while wearing a white shirtóyikes! The sifter inside my package must've come lose because I always have a ton of excess powder inside the jar & it's a nightmare to open sometimes. Finally, itís kind of expensive. It costs $20 & that isn't bad for a good quality foundationÖ it's high-priced for a .28 oz jar in my opinion. Iím going to hold on to it & see if I like it any better or if thereís any difference in the fall/winter months.

on 7/15/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I couldn't find something else I like better I would buy this again, but that's not likely.
I wouldn't call this a foundation. For me, it's best use is as a setting powder for my liquid foundation. Since it's darker than my skin (I normally use the palest, coolest foundation available and I have this in beige 1) I can also use it as a light bronzer. It's pretty good for what i use it for and unless it's the summer it stays on (and keeps my other makeup on) for a good bit of time.

on 4/3/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Price: $22.00, kinda pricey for the product but u know, it's Mary Kay.

Packaging: I like the click-lock sifter jar, would be nice if it were a reusable one, but NOOOOO, God forbid they actually give u something u can reuse.

Product: Meh, not bad, I've had better. I've had my jar for like a year and can't seem to run out of it, since I dont use it daily. Use it lightly, u can feel it on ur skin. Good for on the go, probably won't repurchase though.

This gives a nice light coverage without looking cakey like a lot of powder compact foundations or shiny like a lot of popular mineral foundations. It looks unnoticeable yet evens out skintone and can conceal in areas that you choose to build up coverage. Feels smooth on the skin, not powdery or emphasizing lines, pores and wrinkles.

Currently, I use Paula's Choice Hydralight Mineral SPF 30 lotion, let it set for a few minutes, then apply the powder. It evens out the redness in my cheeks blurs discolorations and helps control oil in the tzone area. I use the Sephora Mineral Powder Brush #45 or the Urban Decay Optical Blurring Foundation brush, they are very similar. Then I take my Ecotools mineral concealer brush and go over a few little areas that need more coverage.

This is nice as a light foundation or as a powder to set your liquid makeup since it does absorb oil and offers extra coverage. I've used it both ways and have been happy with the results. Nice range of colors too, and the price ($15) is pretty reasonable I think.

I don't like that this isn't travel friendly, there is no twist lock sifter that prevents spillage like most MMU companies offer now. Grr, that's part of the reason I love powder foundation, it's quick and easy and travel friendly. Kind of lowers the score for me. Also, it's not as much coverage as say, MAC Studio Fix powder foundation which I think leans toward medium coverage but can look very cakey and does not really help with controlling oil in my experience. It's better than most drugstore powder foundations and definitely worth a try but I will keep searching for that perfect HG powder foundation!

on 1/2/2014 4:18:00 PM

Does not have any coverage at ALL! Makes my skin look flaky ( I have combo skin). Coverage is not build-able, if you try to add more it only makes it look cakey. Did not cover any redness or anything! I had a breakout, it did not cover it and it made it look worse by settling into the lines around it. I could have paid $1 at the dollar store for the same thing. WASTE of money! Only good thing was it did kind of match my skin - which is hard to do with liquid. Will never buy again.

on 9/10/2013 11:56:00 PM

This is currently my favorite foundation and there are several good reasons why. Previously, I was mixing foundations because I couldn't find a match for my skin tone. I'm very fair with an olive complexion and it was impossible to find a match. This foundation is the first perfect color I have ever found. I was using a mix of Bare Minerals and Laura Mercier to get a match before. My skin has reactions to foundations and this one doesn't cause a problem. Bare Minerals makes my skin itchy and red. This foundation comes off clean, leaving my face fresh and not at all irritated. It covers nicely. I don't think it's coverage is as great as Bare Minerals or Laura Mercier; however, it is sufficient. It also looks more natural than any other mineral foundation I've tried. I find that Bare Minerals covers my natural "glow" and forces me to use blush and bronzer to create that desired look. I don't need to use a blush with this product because I have a natural blush to my cheeks and it shines through the foundation. It isn't the perfect foundation but maybe there isn't a such thing. The only con I have to it is that I find it to be messy and the packaging won't contain the powder completely when it's shut - meaning I open it to find powered gathered underneath the top.

on 7/26/2013 12:50:00 PM

This foundation is great! It looks very natural, and lasts all day. I like this a lot better than bare minerals. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin, which a lot of products do. I defidently reccomend this

on 7/1/2013 3:42:00 PM

ETA: this gave my combo skin horrid dry flakey patches after a week of daily wear. Boo!!! It was so easy and the color was spot on! Will save to powder my forehead with I guess :/