Aveeno Eczema Care Body Wash

3.2

on 4/21/2015 4:15:00 PM

I used to suffer from eczema for about 15 years so I have tried every single cream & ointment known to man. Unfortunately Aveeno and every other cream had little effect at all. Thankfully I was actually able to completely cure my eczema after my cousin told me how. I only had to do 2 things, which i will share below

1. Use a humidifier in your house. This will add moisture to the air and to your skin without you knowing.

2. Follow every step in the EFF guide seen at http://solvehealthproblem.com/eczema

Try those two steps and hopefully you will get as much luck with getting rid of eczema as i did. Just remember eczema is not a permanent problem, creams may slightly ease symptoms occasionally but you need to tackle the root cause.

on 4/6/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this product works well. I use is with their eczema cream and it really does help with my itchy dry skin. Before this I only used medicated cream, so I was happy to find a more natural alternative.

on 10/20/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product was a big help for me, as an eczema sufferer! It really helped with my dry skin problem. It was gentle enough on my sensitive skin, yet strong enough to heal my eczema while using this product! A wonderful buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Works okay to soothe my sensitive skin, but the smell is AWFUL. It literally makes me gag, and who wants their skin to smell like that? I'll stick with my Skin Relief body wash.

on 9/26/2010 2:40:00 PM

NOT A GOOD PRODUCT AT ALL.
I just recently found out I am highly sensitive to sodium lauryl sulfates so I wanted to limit the exposure to this substance so I asked the pharmacist and he recommended this product. At first I started using this product I thought it was great. I then however noted two dime sized dry patches or red on my thighs and thought it was just fluke I noticed these marks, then they became more red every time I go out of the bath. I then however noticed the hair on my body was pulling out easier. Then I noticed my loong hair was becoming more tangled at the back where it would come into contact with the bath water. Over all this product made my dry patches on my leg worse and it made me shed. NOT A GOOD PRODUCT. NOT IMPRESSED!!! I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING AVEENO AGAIN!

on 7/26/2009 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is NOT a miracle body wash for those suffering from extreme eczema, like my daughter. Someone recommended this body wash since it was targeted towards those who suffer from eczema. I went to every Walgreen's in town and couldn't find it anywhere, until my last stop before heading home. One left, which was quite pricey for a body wash, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. First time she used it, it did nothing for her. Nonetheless, we continued to use it for a few more days and things starting looking up for her. However, after the forth day of use, her skin turned severely red --- everywhere. It was as if she got a REALLY BAD sunburn. I took her into to see her Derm. and he recommended that we discontinue. Sorry to burst the bubble here, but this did not do what I thought it would :(
Would NOT repurchase!

on 2/5/2009 5:33:00 PM

It is called the "Advanced Care" now. The wash is a butter colored thick lotion/gel which smells like oatmeal + powdered milk. It seems so gentle and soothing, however it burns those winter dry patches on my arms and legs, making them very itchy and red. Lucky you if this works, but not for me.

on 3/13/2008 10:07:00 PM

This is a MIRACLE product for anyone with eczema. I even like the medicinal smell. If you are looking for a body wash that smells like flowers and lathers up a storm, do not buy this. You apply it with your hands, not with a loofah,and it has a very plasticky medicinal smell to it. That doesn't bother me because it works and it is much more convenient than taking Aveeno soaks. Look for it in the first aid aisle and plan on forking over $8-$10 US per bottle.

on 1/21/2008 4:54:00 PM

My poor 20 month old son has outbreaks of eczema now and again. Nothing worked all that well, though Aveeno products have been the best. When I spotted this on sale for $6 at Walgreens (along with the body wash that goes with it), I snatched it. It works MIRACLES. No kidding, in less than a week of every-other-day baths with the soap and lotion nightly, his skin is perfect. Absolutely velvet-like, smooth, no patches of rough skin. Just amazing. My husband, who also has problem skin, now uses this line exclusively, as well. I can't say enough good things about it.

on 12/26/2007 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

OK, so this stuff does not smell like like tiare jasmin coconut vanilla infusion, but it works. My skin was really itchy for a while, then I switched from Shikai shower gel to this one about two weeks ago and have been pretty much itch-free since. It's winter and I have year-around allergies (not eczema though). It was something like $9 at Target, but they often have $1-2 coupons in the Sunday paper.